Location: UK wide
Package: Basic Salary £45,000-£50,000 (dependent on experience)
Plus bonus, car (or allowance) & other excellent PLC company benefits
Sector: Packaging distribution
We, the UK's largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to join our central procurement team. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions 'dignity in the workplace'. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. Our procurement functionality is a vital part of our solution offering and we continually invest in the professional development of our team including CIPS accredited training.
The Category Manager Role
Reporting directly to the Procurement Director, the position within the Central Procurement team will be instrumental in delivering the company Procurement Strategy. The role can be based anywhere within the UK, although a central location with good routes for national coverage would be preferable. Whilst the role will require frequent travel (to meet our site teams and suppliers) and flexibility to work remotely at times, close proximity to at least one of our key sites would be preferable to allow for supplier/customer, and internal meetings.
Category Manager Key Duties & Activities
- Support the effective communication & implementation of Procurement strategy throughout all RDC's
- Ensure a robust and competitive supply chain via supplier management & evaluations.
- Develop & implement category & product management strategies for designated product category including supplier profiling/rationalisation, supplier management, environmental support & new products.
- Develop & implement functional support strategies to ensure best practice evolvement & compliance, efficient utilisation of tools & reports, support to achieve KPI expectations
- Delivering value via rebate revenue, savings, cost mitigation, new product introduction and supporting procurement KPI's
- Develop and support training programmes for both functional & product areas.
- Minimise business exposure by supporting the supplier audit programme for designated suppliers
- Liaise with Procurement Director and other Category Managers to ensure delivery of procurement strategy.
- Manage product categories as agreed with Procurement Director
- Manage functional categories as agreed with Procurement Director.
- Ensure strategies are in place and are delivered to meet targets both financial and non-financial
- Supplier management programmes to be developed and implemented
- Manage escalated issues from both product and functional perspectives
We welcome your application if you have a minimum of two years' experience working as a category manager or senior procurement professional encapsulating many duties & responsibilities as detailed above. You will ideally be used to working within a fast-paced environment and for a matrix/multi-sited operation. You will ideally be CIPS accredited and of graduate calibre, whilst seeking to move your career plan forward, relishing the opportunity for future progression within a growing organisation. All of this will be underpinned by the key skills required to perform this role including negotiation, communication, stakeholder management and strong organisational abilities. Furthermore, you will be commercially aware with a strategic outlook.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: -
25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Free parking at many of our site locations
Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
Long service awards (5-40 years)
Charitable giving options
Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee's potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is a key appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to commence with us ASAP. To make an application please simply click 'apply' ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven't heard from us within a fortnight of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE