Role: Category Coordinator
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
What will my role look like?
Our Buying Team is expanding and we have an opportunity available for a Category Coordinator! Reporting to the Head of Convenience Retail, you will form a part of the Central Buying Team based in Blackburn.
In this role, you will provide full administration support to the CR Manager and be responsible for facilitating and administering promotional activity for the team. You will deliver accurate promotional activity by ensuring that all promotional planning and preparation is completed accurately and on time in accordance with the documented processes and calendars.
You will assist the pricing department in executing pricing strategies that drive profitable share growth for the business.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Organize information and process to support the flow of data for the department
- Work with the wider CR team to execute promotional activity and campaigns
- Negotiate agreements and investments with suppliers and manufacturers
- Maintain tight deadlines for achieving data accuracy along with the communication of these deadlines with in the business
- Foster a collaborative partnership with members of the central buying team
- Provide support to the business in the area of pricing and competitive pricing and promotions.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Strong communication, written and organisational skills
- The role is based in Blackburn but may involve occasional travel to EG offices based in Europe therefore candidates must be willing and flexible to travel
- German language skills are desired although not essential
What's in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it's our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
- Employee Discounts
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Work Anniversary Awards
- Free Parking
- Free Eye Test
- Recognition Rewards
- Progression & Career Opportunities
- Learning & Development
- Compassionate Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service
- Join our EG family
Who are EG Group?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.