Cash & Banking Team Leader
This is a full time position based within our Finance Centre in Liverpool. (We may also consider applications from candidates wishing to work from our Sunderland office)
The Cash & Banking Team Leader will ensure the financial integrity of the Balance Sheet, using efficient and effective accounting and reporting processes.
- Managing a small team of Cash & Banking Analysts
- Accountable for the efficient, accurate and timely reconciliation of the bank statement to the nominal ledger, including the production of routine daily, weekly and month-end reports ensuring compliance with applicable accounting, tax, legislative and other regulatory standards
- Accountability for all bank accounts, ensuring that the team are adhering to annotating any reconciling items outside acceptable timescales with clear and decisive action taken to resolve. Acting as an escalation point as required
- Comply with all policies and processes ensuring adherence to the Minimum Control Framework; act as a point of contact for internal and external audit requirements
- Sign off bank reconciliations ready for review and approval
- Full accountability and ownership of investigating & resolving internal / external Customer / Supplier issues
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Qualified AAT or Part qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Experience of using Blackline will be advantageous
- Able to organise and manage yours and your team's workload to consistently deliver to deadlines and work to high standards
- Ability to manage a range of external and internal customer requirements, some of which may be conflicting, with integrity and professionalism
- Strong communication skills, able to prioritise requests and workload
- Conscientious, with an ability to delve into detail
- Responsibility for ensuring that any Franchise specific accounting is consistent with all other Franchises
- Understand the importance of fostering partnerships and good working relationships with stakeholders and internal customers
- Ability to maintain professional integrity even under pressure, understanding when to escalate
- Responsible for your own development and encouraging development and progression within the team
- Contributes to creating a positive, achieving, rewarding working environment
- Sets an example with high levels of personal integrity, always 'doing the right thing'
- Operates with a strong sense of financial control and a culture of ownership and accountability
- Actively seeks to deliver a better level of service through continuous improvement
You will receive a competitive base salary along with great benefits including:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years' service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Discount gym membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer operating in 32 countries across the UK, Europe, Russia, South America, Asia and Australasia. As brand custodian for 30 of the world's leading automotive OEMs (including Audi, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen), Inchcape handles product planning, brand positioning, logistics, marketing, network management, sales and aftersales services.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 18,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £8.9 billion in its last financial year.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?..... click apply for full job details