Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Carpentry & Joinery Assessor to join the Construction team based at our Campus in Cambridge. This a full-time, permanent position however part-time working will also be considered. In return, you will receive a competitive rateof £26,225 - £30,481 per annum (pro rata if part time) plus benefits.
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country. CRC is a college to be proud of and proud to be in.
It is important to us that we recognise the hard work and commitment of our staff. As such, you can benefit from a range of rewards to support you in your daily life. As well as great benefits and your competitive salary, we may also be able to offer a market allowance depending on your experience.
Just some of the rewards you will benefit from as our Carpentry & Joinery Assessor will include:
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Park Cambridge
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking and local travel
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities
- Discounted rates on Apple products
About the role:
As our Carpentry & Joinery Assessor, you will be responsible for a caseload of apprentices, where you will coordinate and track the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout their apprenticeship programmes.
Key duties of our Carpentry & Joinery Assessor will include:
- Taking overall responsibility for an agreed caseload of students and to ensure successful completion of the full programme.
- Acting as main point of contact for employers and students, providing feedback on progress as required.
- Providing high quality training to students both in College and in their place of work.
- Planing and assessing learner's competence and provide feedback in line with appropriate industrial and qualification standards, and record assessment outcomes.
- This will take place in a variety of work environments including on-site assessments, in the workplace or at College.
What we are looking for in our ideal Carpentry & Joinery Assessor:
- Qualified to level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery.
- Previous experience of a teaching or assessing role would be advantageous.
- Good planning, interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role in addition to be a self-motivated individual.
- Significant experience of conducting the assessment processes.
If you would like to join a modern teaching environment at a modern and vibrant campus, please click 'apply' today to be considered as our Carpentry & Joinery Assessor. Don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: Wednesday 30th September
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found...... click apply for full job details