*Care Assistant - Days & Nights*
Queensmount Care Home
18 Queens Park West Drive, Bournemouth BH8 9DA
*** Should you be successfully hired in to this role, we are pleased to be able to offer you a one-off Starter Bonus of £500 as a thank you for deciding to join Bupa Care Services. The Starter Bonus will be paid to you in the next available pay run once you have completed four weeks' service and will be subject to deductions for tax and NI. Ts&Cs Apply ***
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it's our privilege to care for people - treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we're looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team at our Queensmount Care Home in Bournemouth.
Working hours and salary
Up to £9.67 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
*We want to say a big thank you to our frontline colleagues for their fantastic support and commitment and we're going to do this by paying an extra 50p per hour throughout November, December and January, new starters included
8am - 8pm days and 8pm - 8am night shifts
Full-time and part-time roles available
What the role of a Care Assistant involves
* Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing and toileting
* Supporting residents to move around the home. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
* Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
* Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
* Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
* Serving meals/drinks and transferring residents to the dining room (day shift only)
* Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home (day shift only)
Who we're looking for
You're someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people's lives. You may have previous care experience, or you might have experience in retail, hospitality, or something similar - either way, we'll equip you with the necessary training to provide the highest standard of care. You understand there will be challenging days, but you'll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you'll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You'll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
What's in it for you?
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
* Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
* Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
* NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
* 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
* Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
* Refer a friend bonus scheme
* Uniform provided
* Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
* Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
* Cash plan (after 18 months' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
* Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Please note, this role is not at or above RQF Level 3 and therefore is ineligible for sponsorship under the UK's Points Based Immigration System.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Reference ID: CA/QUEENSMOUNT
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.10-£9.67 per hour