Business Development Executive (West Midlands)
Competitive Rate plus excellent benefits package including use of company car.
Our client has a fantastic new opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join their Trade Partners Team. Your role is to support and develop the existing customer base whilst controlling the implementation of Trade Partner initiatives and ensuring that retailers maintain the standard required by our client.
Business Development Executive Responsibilities:
- Development of appropriate retail business plans, operational targets and budgets, in conjunction with the retailer
- Monitoring retailers' level of adherence / loyalty towards recognised SPAR operating standards and facilitating improvement as required
- Monitoring retailer performance and facilitating improvement as required, in conjunction with the team
- The control of bad debt management within the business and liaising closely with head office with regard to issues identified
- Providing retailers with information and support regarding the implementation of new SPAR developments / initiatives
- Providing retailers with advice / sources of information reference general business issues and legislation (e.g. health and food safety, training, employment law, etc.)
- Developing good working relationships with individual retailers and their teams, without compromising the needs and expectations of the Group
- Identification of issues that may affect the retailer's ability to trade or pay Group bills, and the reporting of these to head office
- Successful integration of new retailers as they are handed over from Recruitment
- Supporting the RSD by representing the Sales Department within project groups.
- UK Driving Licence
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- A good knowledge of Retail Operations
- Excellent customer service skills
- A passion for Retail
- Extremely self-motivated and driven
- Experienced in Account/Field Management
- Business Degree or equivalent.
- Retail Management experience.
- A dynamic role in an expanding team
- Market leading benefits scheme including use of company car
- Fast paced exciting opportunity working with some of the UKs leading brands
- Excellent benefits package including use of Company Car
- Generous staff discount
- Proactive promotion of internal candidates
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. Our client is the 60th largest privately owned business in the UK. They are committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity.
SPAR is the world's largest international food retail chain, encompassing more than 12,000 stores in 40 countries. With more than 2,600 stores and a turnover in excess of £3 billion, SPAR is also the UK's leading convenience store group. Being a 'symbol' group means that individual SPAR members retain their independence but enjoy the many benefits of being a part of a global brand.
Location: Home based covering West Midlands
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 40hrs p/w (Flexible)
Shift Pattern: 9am-5pm but flexible, Mon-Fri with occasional weekends
Salary: Very Competitive Rate plus excellent benefits package including use of company car
Benefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role
Closing date for applications: 16th October 2021
You may have experience of the following: Sales & Marketing Executive, Business Development Manager, New Business Internal Sales, Marketing Executive, Sales Executive, BDM, Business Development Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Key Account Manager, Territory Sales, Regional Sales, etc.