About the role:
Thames Water is undergoing significant business transformation spanning all areas of the organisation and as such the environment is fluid, challenging yet hugely rewarding.
Business Architecture is a newly set up area of expertise and forms a key part of the Transformation and Change Team. The Operational Readiness specialist will be working in this new community of practice within the Thames Water "Project Management and Business Architecture" Job Family.
The Business Architecture Team supports the design and improvement of the Thames Water Business Architecture, using agreed and measurable business performance indicators.
As part of this team, the Operational Readiness Specialist will be responsible for developing end to end operational readiness strategies and plans for programmes within the Thames Water Portfolio.
This Operational Readiness Specialist position gives the role holder the opportunity to help build a new community of practice and be a member of a team that provides crucial input and support to priority transformation programmes.
This role would suit someone with experience of designing and delivering operational readiness strategies and plans for complex business change programmes in a Customer Experience or Operational Delivery context. Whilst working with Thames Digital is a very important aspect of this role it would not suit someone solely focussed on IT or Digital Transformation.
- You will lead the definition of an Operational Readiness methodology for Thames Water, integrating this with changes to the Thames Water Operating Model to maximise customer experience and protect operational performance.
- Working closely with our Transformation Directors and other senior stakeholders you will be accountable for the development and delivery of operational readiness plans for specific transformation programmes.
- You will implement a collaborative approach to the deployment of new capabilities and products into internal processes & customer journeys using an agile approach. This will customer product deployment is likely to involve proofs of concept, MVP deployment and capability roll out integrating people and process change to ensure that new capabilities realise their expected benefits.
- You will establish appropriate governance to deliver robust acceptance and handover criteria in line with the requirements of the Programme Sponsor and Transformation Directors.
- You will define key metrics to measure the quality and performance of the Operating Model and defining procedures to measure compliance and performance and to take appropriate actions for improvement.
- Requirements, design and quality assurance for any change impacting the Thames Water Operating Model.
- Ensuring business and operational readiness to adopt the changes implemented by said programmes.
- Manage all other change-related impacts to the business resulting from programme implementation.
- Support the Head of Business Architecture with the overall design of the Thames Water Operating Model and Thames Water Operational Readiness Strategy
- Work with the business to document the customer experience and operational requirements that must be considered during operational readiness testing as well as the quality criteria associated with each phase of testing.
- You will work alongside HR to design the operational roles and responsibilities required to support the change, drive a high-performance delivery-focused culture and ensures all changes have clear acceptance-into-service-criteria.
Your previous experience is likely to be in Consulting or in leading transformation teams in the Utilities, Financial Services, Energy, Oil & Gas or Aerospace & Defence sectors.
You will be able to demonstrate expertise in and experience of Operational Readiness in complex business transformation programmes.
What's in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy...... click apply for full job details