Business Analyst -Competitive Salary- Stoke-On-Trent
Are you a qualified Prince 2 Practitioner? Do you possess strong IT, data and business processes knowledge and skills, with at least 2 years' experience in a relevant environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We're the UK's largest business water retailer, looking to appoint a Business Analyst to join our expanding team. Day-to-day the successful candidate will facilitate operational and transformational change through the proper deployment of change methodology such as Waterfall or PRINCE 2. The successful candidate will be a valued and supported member of our Transformation Team.
At Water Plus, our customers mean everything to us, we're embarking on an exciting transformation programme and have a number of exciting projects in-play/ happening, including (developing/ enhancing/ reshaping) a modern data warehouse, re-engineering our customer Journey Business Processes and a best in-class-digital service.
We're an award-winning, agile and dynamic team, deploying the latest cloud technologies and are strongly invested in Microsoft Azure tool for data warehousing, integration and digital services, and we're currently working with Dynamics 365 CRM, Office 365, Azure laaS and paaS, Umbraco, Azure DevOps, Purview, Synapse, Data Verse, PoweBI And more.
We're currently recruiting for a number of roles, including Product Owners, Digital Assist Specialists, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Process Improvement Leaders, Data Leads, Architects, Technical Service Managers and Cloud Specialists.
The key responsibilities of a Business Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- To analyse new change requests to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the request, impact of the request & cost of change
- To gather business requirements (functional and non-functional) and critical information through workshops, interviews and meetings with key stakeholders to enable a proper consideration of opportunities and potential risks
- To apply analytical skills to business requests, analysing all available data to understand root cause
- To produce project documentation such as BRS, RAID logs
- To map out & understand operational processes from workshops, meetings or Business Requirement sessions, however complex, in order to enable the most appropriate solution to be identified
- To work alongside Project Managers to ensure that business stakeholders are fully engaged in specifying project requirements
- To work with development and testing teams to define acceptance criteria for test scenarios
- To facilitate interactions between the business, development, IT & Change teams, through meetings as well as detailed documentation
- To work with the business to identify changes in scope and manage these through the change control processes and gated governance procedure
- To create business impact documents and options papers using agnostic solution approach
- To review completed requirements and facilitating document sign off with the business
- To support testing through by engaging in error and defect understanding and liaising with PM/business these results
- To engage with solution/business architect to understand high level design
- To undertake project manager activities on smaller projects from time to time at the request of their manager.
We're Water Plus - the largest water retailer in the UK - and a joint venture between two of the largest water companies in the UK, United Utilities and Severn Trent.
We provide our customers with water retail services, including billing, meter reading and customer account support, along with technical water efficiency services and advice. From supermarkets to multinational manufacturers, national chains to corner shops, the public sector and charities - we partner with organisations of all sizes, across all sectors throughout England and Scotland. So, whatever level of support you need, we've got the expertise to help.
The key skills and qualities of a Business Analyst:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
- Able to motivate others and lead change
- Able to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- Display excellent analytical and an informed, evidence-based approach; expert in analytical methodologies
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business and business development
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.