Role Profile - Business Analyst
Role Title Business Analyst
Business Function Change Delivery
Who we are & what we do
Founded in 2016, Chetwood Financial is a digital bank using technology to make people better off. At Chetwood, we think differently. We act differently. Unlike traditional banking models, we're not obsessed with customer ownership and cross-selling other products. We use our banking and technology experience to design and manufacture stand-alone financial products that meet the needs of those using them and by building unique and dynamic products, we make engaging with personal finances easier than ever before.
We're always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join the team who share a belief in making a positive difference - making financial services better for customers by challenging conventions.
Our Business Analysts engage stakeholders to understand business needs and form requirements to meet them. As well as working alongside the business, Business Analysts work closely with development and test teams to ensure proposed designs are practical and robust. They also provide support to user testing before go-live.
- Engage stakeholders to understand the requirements for change and build designs that meet our business needs
- Gather and document business requirements using agile, human-centric approaches such as user stories and wireframes.
- Create detailed process flows, acceptance criteria and data specs to support requirements where required
- Run workshops, interviews or working group sessions as appropriate to elicit detailed requirements
- Facilitate decision making by providing stakeholders with the information to shape, prioritise and resolve conflict as required
- Actively engage in agile planning, feeding into backlog refinement and planning poker. Work to achieve estimated design timings & proactively report up when issues or blockers arise
- Engage test and solution teams in the requirements process to understand technical constraints, opportunities and considerations
- Prepare documentation for sign-off, run detailed reviews with SMEs and present highlights of change to the wider business community.
- Support test and resolve design related queries with during build
- Contribute to design collateral by capturing important system & business behaviours for reference
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with stakeholders across the business
- Business analysis and requirements gathering
- Ability to analyse complex requests & create simple effective solutions
- Use of analytical techniques to identify benefits, risks and impacts of change
- Basic data analysis in support of requirements capture
- Agile methods and practices
- Experience of behaviour driven development
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Process mapping
- Experience of Jira, Confluence, GSuite, LucidChart is desirable but not essential
What we offer
- A relaxed, sociable and flexible working environment.
- Great benefits including: life insurance, pension, private medical insurance (including dental and optical), free breakfast and drinks, monthly social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
- Here are just a few examples of what we've achieved so far and what's coming soon.
- Secured strategic investment from Elliott Advisors of £150mil of capital, underpinning the planned growth of the business over the next few years.
- Secured a full banking licence from the PRA in 2018 - the only retail bank to do so that year.
- Launched the LiveLend Reward Loan; the world's first dynamic loan that responds to improvements in customers' credit score.
- Secured several distribution partnerships with our lending product and have already seen 400%+ growth in new business in the since 2019.
- Launched SmartSave; providing customers with a simple, online savings account at a great rate.
- Achieved and maintained an 'Excellent' Trustpilot rating from both lending and savings customers.
Chetwood Financial Ltd does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Chetwood Financial and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void...... click apply for full job details