Job Title: Flexible Worker Advisor (Administrator)
Location: Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Hours: 37.5 per week
Do you have administration experience in a fast paced, customer service environment? Do you have a 'can do attitude' and strive to make the customer experience first class standards?
If you have answered 'yes' to the above, we would love to hear from you!
This critical role for the local NHS Trust provides on-site customer support for NHSP bank workers (flexible workers) ensuring all contact with NHSP is quick, simple and helpful.
The flexible worker will look to the FWA for support and will expect expert advice and guidance for prompt query resolution for any enquiry that the NHSP National Service Centre are unable to help with.
The aim of the on-site team is to facilitate filling bank shifts whilst ensuring the workers requirements are also met or exceeded. Key to success in this role is to establish strong working relationships with both the hiring and bank staff communities, prioritising pro-active tasks to pre-empt process or service issues with the end goal of delighting our customers; our aim is to be a "customer obsessed" organisation.
About The Candidate
Customer service/retail in an environment where delighting the customer is the core focus!
- · Ability to deal with high volume internal and external customer enquiries and conflicting priorities
- · Advanced ability to connect and communicate effectively in writing, face to face and over the telephone with a variety of customers
- · Ability to work on own initiative, within defined parameters, to manage time and workload effectively
- · Prioritising conflicting workloads
- · Awareness and curiosity of problem staking them back to the route cause for service improvements
- · Exceptional attention to detail
- · Resourceful and solution focused
- · Flexible approach to changing business needs
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Open to change
- Uses own initiative
- Can prioritise busy workloads
- Think outside the box and lead changes
- Resilient and resourceful
NHS Professionals (NHSP) run the largest NHS flexible staff bank, placing highly skilled temporary workers in NHS Trusts to meet their short, medium and long-term needs. Uniquely we are owned by the Department of Health and Social Care and we therefore reinvest any surplus we make directly back into the NHS.
We are particularly proud of being the first NHS organisation to gain the accreditation of Top Employer by the Top Employers Institute. This is a huge testament to our ongoing commitment to making NHSP a great place to work for all our corporate employees.
Our Commitment to You:
The Compelling Employee Journey is our people development initiative that ensures whatever your path through NHSP you have opportunities to feel empowered, engaged and excel in what you do. All of our new employees are taken through a comprehensive induction programme that takes you through our history, values and ways of working.
Throughout your employment you will have access to our Institute of Learning (IoL) our blended learning platform providing with you with a wide range of blended learning solutions to personalise your Compelling Employee Journey, helping and supporting you to be the best you can be through learning, development and personal growth.
In return for your hard work commitment we offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Generous annual leave allowance - 27 days per year, plus bank holidays
- Flexible Working - we offer a range of flexible working options that include working from home or part time hours
- A commitment to talent management & development
- Star of the Month! - Our star of the month award enables you to recognise colleagues or teams that have gone the extra mile and they could win £100 worth of shopping vouchers
- Pension - We'll contribute up to 10% towards your pension if you join our stakeholder pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Wellbeing Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Engagement & discounts platform
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received. We will not contact unsuccessful applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 14 days of the vacancy closing, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.