First People Recruitment
- £Depending on experience
- Central London
- Ref: 22278
Please follow us on WeChat to see all our Cantonese and Mandarin jobs, interview tips and London news:
Your New Job Title: Assistant Vice President – Retail Loan, Mandarin speaking
TheSkillsYou’ll Need:Proficiency in both Mandarin and English, Retail Banking related experience.
YourNewSalary:Depending on experience.
Hybrid (3 days of work in office and 2 days of work from home)
Working hours: 9-5, with flexibility if necessary.
To be successful in this role our client has said it is essential that candidates:
- have Mandarin to native level
- have experience in mortgage
- have CeMAP qualification
If that means this job isn’t a match for you please view our other vacancies for one that may be a better fit.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Assisting HOD establishing and implementing personal banking and bank wide strategy.
- Assisting HOD maintaining healthy retail banking business growth, such as improving assets quality.
- Leading and improving the entire mortgage processing procedure by working closely with related departments to drive enhanced efficiency and productivity from frontline to back office.
- Undertaking increased responsibilities for risk management.
- Assisting the Head of Personal Banking to manage retail credit business performance statistics by preparing business analysis report and ensuring the accuracy of the Loan Database.
- Responsible for achieving H.O and EMC targets set for retail credit facilities.
- Providing assistance in developing new products / services in credit facility range and reviewing products pricing policy.
- Coordinating with H.O, branch network, internal departments and external third parties.
- Responsible for system maintenance and updating.
- Taking responsibility for the performance of retail credit facility and ensuring internal (Banking Department and Branches) and external customer (mortgage applicants and business partners) satisfaction.
- Assisting to formulate and maintain lending manual and other relevant policies & procedures for retail credit facilities.
- Checker of loan files according to discretionary power.
- Ensure the accuracy and efficiency of documentation processing.
- Assist in any other projects or new initiatives on behalf of Personal Banking Department.
- Complying with the Bank’s procedures and processes manual at all times.
- Supervise mortgage underwriting team.
- Other temporary tasks assigned by Head of Personal Banking/EMC members.
The Skills You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Considerable experience of the mortgage industry and loan documentation.
- Expert knowledge of Security Documents and the conveyancing process.
- Proven track record in similar department/business stream.
- Working knowledge of regulations effecting financial services.
- Considerable experience of liaison with professionals involved in the lifecycle of a mortgage. application: solicitors, surveyors and financial intermediaries.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as CeMAP.
- Good Standard of Written Chinese and English.
- A self confident communicator, and team player with attention to details and good time management skill.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Good awareness and understanding of current Compliance Regulatory requirements.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
CV File Types Allowed: pdf, doc, docx, rtf
Agree to terms and conditions?
By submitting your CV you consent to your information being processed by People First in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Please tick to acknowledge your agreement with the terms set out in our Privacy Notice