WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
As the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of your store - we expect you to manage your store as if it were your own business! In this role, you will:
- Drive sales & maximise profit - you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to increase your stores contribution. From ensuring you implement company layout to a high standard to analysing your reports, you will be accountable for the success of your branch. Conducting daily floor walks & delegating effectively, you will be on top of competitor activity and will communicate trade feedback to all levels.
- Connect with our customers - you will ensure every customer receives a world class shopping experience in your store! Leading by example, you will motivate your team to give genuine service to our customers & encourage them to maximise opportunities to up sell across all areas of the store.
- Recruit & retain the best talent - you will be passionate about your team & will be responsible for their career development. You will recruit the best team for your store & will invest your time to train & coach them, driving succession through your branch, creating future managers for the business. You will also play a key role in managing the performance of your team.
- Control costs & manage loss prevention - you will drive productivity of your team by effectively managing your payroll, having the right people in the right place at the right time. You will ensure your team protects profit by deterring theft through service. You will be responsible for ensuring your store is operationally sound with effective stock management controls in place.
WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING…
… and we know exactly what experience we're looking for! For this role, you will:
- Have a proven track record in managing store KPI's including sales, payroll, controllable costs, stock loss and service
- Be a great communicator across all levels
- Have great leadership skills
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Have previous experience at Store Manager level or be an experienced Deputy Manager looking for your next step up
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…
… and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our retail managers:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Uniform Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Up to 28 days holiday*
- Private healthcare*
IT NEVER GET'S BORING…
As a business, we are focused on the progression of our retail teams! When you join the business, you will spend your induction period in one our stores specifically designed to induct new managers into the business. Covering all you will need to know before going into your base store, you will connect with fellow managers and discover what makes our stores successful!
As a Store Manager, you will also visit our River Island Academy in Head Office as a Welcome to River Island, a great chance for you to see what it's like behind the scenes!
We offer on-going training and development by running workshops throughout the year, covering different areas from Commercial Awareness to Performance Management, helping you develop your skill set as a River Island manager. We also have fantastic area managers who you will work alongside, many of whom have progressed from store themselves. What better way to learn & develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
WE'RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of fashion retailing experience, River Island is one of the most successful companies on the high street. By joining River Island, you will be part of business boasting nearly 300 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally throughout Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
We are always looking for ambitious individuals who will thrive from working in a fast paced, creative and vibrant business. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
At River Island we are committed to the safeguarding of all of our employees regardless of age or job role. We will fulfil our obligation under the Prevent duty which seeks to stop extremism and extremist views from materialising in our business. We promote and encourage the belief in British Values- including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. To find out more, please visit