Automation Engineer - Life Sciences Salary Circa: £35,000 - £42,000 DOE + Life Insurance + Pension + 25 Days Holidays + Stats Location: Cambridge (Site Based)
Are you a Field Service Engineer looking for a site-based role where you will be home every night OR are you a site-based Automation Engineer who wants to work with state of the art globally recognised laboratory equipment and have massive access to different robotic platforms?Do you want the opportunity to work with market leading and life changing robotic technology by world renowned manufacturers such as Labcyte & High-Res Biosolutions? Would you like to work for a Forbes listed 'top company to work for' global service provider that are the biggest company of their kind in the world?
The Requirements of Automation Engineer:
- You will already have either 3+ years' experience as a Laboratory Automation Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Site Engineer, Instrument/Automation Support role with hands on experience with Liquid Handling Robotics or related technology (Compound Management/Storage) working within the Pharmaceutical, Drug Discovery, Genomics, High Through Put Screening, Biotechnology or closely related sector
- Knowledge of Robotic platforms from manufacturers including High Res Biosolutions, Labcyte, Brooks, TTP, Agilent would be a massive advantage!
- HNC/HND in a relevant engineering discipline such as: Mechatronics, Robotics, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or a Life Sciences degree
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex robotic problems in a logical and structured approach, Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Troubleshooting and maintaining the Robotic, Automated Systems and equipment used for High Throughput Screening by world leading manufacturers such as Labcyte, HighRes Biosolutions and Beckman Coulter to name just a few day in, day out - a core 8-hour day with the opportunity to be flexible with your working hours of work: i.e. 8am-4pm, 7am-3pm or 9am-5pm - No shift work at all!
- Collaborating with world renowned clients and their suppliers for future equipment as well as maintaining the current equipment in place
- In depth training from the UK and overseas on this high-tech never-before used equipment specially designed and manufactured for the pharmaceutical industry
- Pick up the work that comes through in a timely manner, use your skills and experience to make autonomous decisions to keep the business running smoothly
- Our client are a Forbes listed service provider to some of the largest businesses across all sectors globally including Life Sciences, Industrial, Logistics, Real Estate and Pharmaceuticals
- This role is directly supporting a top 5 pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge laboratory automation systems
- Excellent opportunities to progress internally within the business, and work within a world class team - you are truly making a difference and massive impact not only to the business but the world by working with these life changing products
- The role is on site so there are no shifts, no travelling involved, Monday to Friday and you will be home every night!
You must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered for this roleLangton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Automation Engineer role, email your nominated candidate's name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we'll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you...... click apply for full job details