Audit Assistant Manager - Private Enterprise
The successful Audit team in the Reading office at KPMG UK are looking for a number of experienced Auditors to join their team where you will be focusing on Private Limited/Private Backed Clients.
Coming into this role as an Assistant Manager, you will be getting involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of appointments.
The role will include executive level engagement interaction and exposure to multiple engagements on an annual basis.
Main day to day duties:
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of engagements.
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit time lines, team briefings and supervision, and delivery of audit work.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Building relationships with the engagement staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
Ideal Qualifications and experience
- Ideally you would be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA) or international equivalent. We would also be interested in talking to Finalist level Auditors.
- Recent and extensive external audit experience within a top 20 firm.
- Strong external audit experience which could be working on a range of sectors, such as: Telecommunications, Media, Energy, and Retail.
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age