Squires Garden Centres
Your primary responsibility will be to provide management support to one of our award-winning restaurants, w orking closely with the Restaurant Manager to help the business to succeed.
Rota: Full-time, 42.5 hours with alternate weekend working
Main duties and responsibilities:
- New ideas for building sales and profit are generated and effectively communicated to teams.
- Ensure excellence of customer service is achieved throughout the restaurant.
- Work closely and effectively with catering managers to ensure purchasing is within the company product range.
- Constructive participation in all management meetings.
- Excellent standards of food and housekeeping are maintained in accordance with company guidelines.
- Liaise closely with Product Managers as part of the annual range review process.
- Understand the business plan and actively participate in delivering its goals.
- Appropriately plan and utilise department resources to achieve targets.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager and deputise fully in their absence.
- Train and motivate team to maximise sales opportunities.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for people:
- Proven experience of working in similar role within a restaurant environment is essential
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude.
- Ability to cook is desired.
Squires is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. Since 1936 the purpose of our business has been the happiness of those who work in it.
We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticulture, catering, and retail.
We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
Rewards & Benefits:
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being nothing is too much trouble for our customers. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
- Employee Discount 50% in Restaurants and 20% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 25% after 2 years service and 30% after 5 years service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years service.
- Bonus We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year.(first year is dependent on start date.)
- Pension We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year are awarded.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) A reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a team member of the year. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need
- Free Parking Available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our site.