About the Role
Matalan began its International Franchise operations 10 years ago, opening its first Franchise store in Jordan. Since then we have continued to expand, as of today Matalan currently operates 35 Franchise stores in 8 different countries around the world.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for an Assistant Merchandiser on our International team, you'll support the delivery of our International strategy, working with our Franchise Partners to deliver best practice and processes.
- Work closely with our International Franchise partners and Trading Teams as well as other key functions to maintain and develop Matalan's international presence.
- Act as a role model within their team, positively managing change and offering encouragement and support to colleagues through times of change.
- Act as a key support for training and guidance with the TAM (International) and work across your peer group, team and wider business to share company best practice and consistency of approach.
- Drive to develop yourself, whilst delivering on both business and personal objectives.
- Proven experience within a merchandising or stock placement function
- Experience of building and maintaining strong collaborative, working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Experience of leadership and coaching would be beneficial
- High, consistent attention to detail, always striving to deliver good quality work to key deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels across the business
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested...... click apply for full job details