Assistant Guest Experience Manager - The View from The Shard
Reports to: Guest Journey Manager
Direct reports: Guest Experience Ambassadors
Hours: 42.5 hours per week on a roster pattern that will include weekends, bank holidays and evenings
Annual Salary: up to £30,750 per annum
- 33 days Holiday (pro-rata)
- Length of Service Benefit - additional day holiday for every year (capped at 5 years)
- Employer pension contribution of 5% of your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Complimentary tickets to The View
You will be an integral part of the Front of House Team. You will manage the day-to-day running of the attraction, whilst ensuring our guests enjoy a premium quality guest focused service. You will support the Sales Function by maximising income generation activities. You will lead our Front of House Team, and will motivate our staff to deliver an engaging service of excellence.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You have a passion for delivering great service, and you are experienced in leading Front of House Teams. You are a role model, a great motivator, and able to get the best out of your teams. You work well under pressure, and have the ability to manage challenging stations including; accidents, incidents, and emergency situations.
- To ensure an excellent standard of customer service is delivered by all team members by monitoring and continually seeking to improve customer service standards
- To lead and motivate the team to ensure that they are undertaking their allocated tasks and responsibilities
- Manage customer complaints and queries in the first instance and know when it is appropriate to escalate the complaint to a more senior manager
- Demonstrate a positive presence within by being alert and aware of guests, present yourself to the highest standard and demonstrate you are approachable
- Ensure that all areas of the guests' journey; main entrance, box office, photo opportunity, F&B areas, the viewing galleries, and retail area etc. always maintained to the highest standards of presentation
- To deputise as the Guest Journey Manager when required. Including attending meetings as their replacement.
Commercial and Ticketing
- Oversee the operation of the box office, ticketing and retail area's (including supporting the photo opportunity and F&B).
- Be aware of promotional activity and ticket types, ensuring ticketing procedures are followed.
- Assist and serve guests at purchase points, handle cash and card transactions
- Ensure income generation activities are maximised, upselling products at purchase points
- Ensure team members carry out daily checks and coach team members to recognise faults
- Support with the fulfilment and dispatching of online orders on a timely basis
- Management of receiving on-site stock deliveries
- Ensure a smooth running of the retail shop, ensuring all goods are received, and stored correctly and replenishment when required.
- Support with completing stock takes and rolling stock takes when required.
- To oversee the cash office function and support the Cashier when necessary
Performance and Resource Management
- Responsible for ensuring that the team is competent in performing the requirements of the Guest Ambassador role
- Actively promote the processes of the annual staff appraisal system aimed at supporting and encouraging staff to give of their best performance and strive for operational and service excellence
- Ensure that all administration relating to personnel matters is completed and that accurate and timely records are maintained
- Active support of structured training programmes in line with any brand, vision, culture and values, statutory requirements (e.g. H&S, etc) and yearly objectives
- Be Involved in the recruitment and selection
- Assist with a structured programme of training and systematically review/give constructive feedback to ensure that procedures and required standards of performance are made clear
- Effective performance and attendance managements
- Management of the staff roster
- To frequently work Duty Manager Shifts, acting as the main point of contact regarding the daily management of the operation and responsible for the general running of the attraction.
- To support the Senior Management Team in adopting the role of 'Bronze Command' in an Incident Management Situation by implementing key decisions and instigations made by the SMT.
- Support the Operations team with developing a comprehensive set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) relating to ticketing, retail and e-commerce and ensuring these are practiced
- To undertake and ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Fire procedures
- Assist with the preparation of emergency and evacuation procedures
- Instruct team members on controlling crowds - organising queues, and managing guest flow
- To support the retail function with system administration on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensure team members carry out daily checks. Coach/train team members to recognise faults/problems
- Ensure that all areas of the attraction are clean, safe, tidy and hazard free
- To work and manage out of hours event and supporting our growing events department.