Are you an Assistant Engineering Manager or Engineering Manager in a smaller business looking for that next step in your career? In this newly created role we will be looking for you to be passionate about team management, Continuous Improvement and Engineering!
Due to continued growth and investment in our Engineering teams we are looking for an Assistant Engineering Manager to support our Engineering Manager.
Working alongside the Engineering Manager and as part of our manufacturing management team, you'll engage and motivate a skilled team of 35 colleagues with a team of 8 direct reports, utilising root cause analysis to identify and prioritise corrective, preventative, predictive and mitigating actions.
At our Tuscany Park Bakery, on the outskirts of Wakefield & Leeds, the team are dedicated to delivering unbeatable quality in a safe manner with highly reliable equipment. We are proud to be leading and developing a collaborative, creative and responsive team at the cutting edge of engineering innovation.
We're going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance.
Our Assistant Engineering Manager and our Engineering teams are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we're looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way. We take pride in keeping our people and customer's safe, so you'll play a key role in ensuring work is conducted in accordance with our stringent health and safety requirements. You'll operate as the site number 2 to our Engineering Manager therefore you'll also be responsible for monitoring the budget and playing a part with the formation of revenue and capital budgets and plans.
As "Britain's Best Loved Food Brand" we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top Best Big Companies' to work for over a number of years. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
Passionate about our people you too will want to engage and develop your team driving together for results. People are our most precious ingredient so along with your technical focus, you will have a passion for people development as well as a hunger for working collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the success of our site.
* You'll have previous experience of managing a team of Engineers, leading by example
* A working knowledge and understanding of Budgets, Capex (proposals and project implementation), contract management, supplier negotiation
* Previous experience of working with electrical control systems and automation
* A strong mechanical background with electrical multi-skilled experience
* You'll be able to deploy and execute a reliability centred asset care strategy
* Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
* Have experience of COSHH & HACCP, with a working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
* Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BTECH or equivalent
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread's worth;
* Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
* A slice of the annual profits
* Award winning pension plan
* Life Assurance
* Discount Vouchers / products
* Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, bike to work scheme