We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to join our Buying team as a Assistant Buyer based at our Support Centre in Worksop.
As our Assistant Buyer for cleaners, you'll take huge pride in what you do, your role will involve owning and managing a range of products to hit sales and SKU quantity targets. You decide the range strategy, own the wilko brand product briefs and the product selection. Along with:
- Identifying and selecting suppliers from a UK and worldwide supply base, negotiating the cost price and defining the initial retail selling price.
- Managing the ongoing relationships for relevant ranges and supporting with or own some of the annual BPs (Business Plans) and terms agreements with those suppliers.
- Responsibility for improving margin delivery by driving supplier income ("rebates"). Owning the 'better buying' targets for your categories, including driving cost reductions and moving supplier income into improved ongoing costs.
- Planning, negotiating and loading promotions for relevant category, working in conjunction with the Merchandising and Promotions teams.
- Accountability for co-ordinating and executing the agreed supplier funding (price, promotion, retro's & rebates) for those categories managed by the Senior Buyer.
- Accountability for ensuring products are set up 'Right First Time' with a true customer-centric lens applied, so we help our customers to deliver their 'jobs to be done' and at the best prices, to protect their hard-earned cash.
- Responsibility for delivering strong milestone management for all projects and work with supply chain to ensure OTIF (on time, in full) delivery of relevant ranges. Working cross-functionally, and with suppliers, to solve problems and ensure we deliver 'Right First Time'
For this role we need someone who has had really strong performance in a buying role from an FMCG category, with a solid understanding of range planning, maximising the return on space and performance of SKU's. With excellent excel skills, strong attention to detail to ensure and a real drive to deliver.
We know it's not just about the role but how we can reward you too, so with every role comes a competitive salary, a brilliant rewards scheme, xx days holiday entitlement (inc Bank Holidays) rising to xx days after 5 years'/10 years' service, a great pension scheme, private medical, car allowance/job needs company car, an exceptional array of apprenticeships, wilko WOW flexible benefits (such as great discounts on shopping, days out, holidays, health and fitness and money-saving schemes to cut the costs of childcare), holiday homes and most importantly 20% team member and family discount in store and online.