The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 180 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
As an Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance The Range's offering to our customers. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through -
- Attending buying meetings with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Forecasting of stock & placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers' absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Strong analytical excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve The Range offering.
- Understanding of retail industry trends and how to incorporate them into The Range.