Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
- Effectively support Technical Services to provide resolution or direct appropriately to IT Technical Support
- Provide technical support and guidance to the front line on TS application, liaising with 3rd parties where required
- Testing guidance and support on upgrades etc.
- Delivering regular and customised training to teams within the business
- Preparing maintenance plans and upgrading schedules for the organisation's systems
- Developing adhoc reports for teams across the business
- Managing ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions are kept up to date
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
No specific qualifications required.
- Excellent IT knowledge, including but not limited to being proficient in using all standard Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Email etc.)
- A team player who is able to confidently interact with others, but who is also able to work independently
- A logical thinker with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to liaise at all levels using tact and diplomacy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of daily interaction with the internal customer on all levels
- Customer focused
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Reliable, flexible and punctual
- Enthusiastic with a positive 'can do' approach
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
Benefits of working at Mitie
You'll get access to a full range of fabulous benefits, including
- Discount on 100s of high street retailers through our MiDeals app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mitie Choices, which gives you the chance to purchase flexible benefits including additional holiday, dental care, and interest free loans for technology to name a few
- Free Life Assurance Cover
- Options to use our confidential Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your household.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.