Permanent Full Time Monday to Friday
Benefits include 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, Holiday transfer - up to 5 days each year, Flexible holiday scheme - purchase or sell up to 5 days of holiday each year, Childcare vouchers - up to £220 per 4 week period, Free eye tests (and VDU glasses if required), Free Life Insurance benefit (up to £10,000), Personal development scheme, Personal Accident Insurance, Professional qualification sponsorship scheme, Flexi-time - as agreed with Line Manager, Life Assurance Cover of Four Times your Salary, Critical Illness Cover, Hospital Cash Plan and Company Pension Scheme
Are you an excellent people manager? Do you want to help make a lasting difference in people's lives? If you have experience of managing teams to motivate and drive performance, then consider the role of a Advisor Manager in Hereford!
Our client are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. We are a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
An Adviser Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective performance, productivity and well-being of a small team which may include Employment Advisers and/or Employment Trainers. Through observation, coaching and ad hoc support an Adviser Manager supports the team by providing a personalised support service to agreed standards to Members, improving their skills and employability to place them into suitable training and/or employment. An Adviser Manager will, in addition, manage a reduced caseload (approximately 50%) according to the needs of the programme. The role is responsible for effectively implementing our clients philosophy to the highest standards of service for Members, employers, partners and providers. The role will closely report to a Business or Operations Manager.
• Evidence of experience in or a desire to progress into a sales management role including the supervision of an individuals'/teams' delivery and/or output.
• A personal track record of working towards and achieving targets (minimum 1 year experience) gained in an Employment Adviser or Employment Trainer or equivalent role
• Evidence of experience in or a desire to progress into a people management role including supporting, mentoring and coaching and developing an individual/s.
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
• Experience of working in a fast paced performance target driven environment, such experience may include working within the following sectors/fields; Professional Services (Banking, Finance and Recruitment etc) or Retail etc.
• Experience of managing a business to business sales process or previous experience in an Employment Adviser role or similar
• Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs (Levels 3 or 4) ERS, Brokerage Standard, Training Qualification such as C7G 7304, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to welfare to work/work with the specific client groups this role will involve.
• Experience of employer engagement and learner/Member tracking.
• Technical skills including; strong administration skills, good computer/technology skills, basic numeracy/spreadsheet skills and good written communication/record keeping skills.
• Personal interests including interest in people and willingness to learn.
• Technical skills including; the ability to use technology to deliver results and knowledge of welfare/benefits system.
To apply for the role of Adviser Manager please email your cv
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process...... click apply for full job details