RECRUITMENTiQ is working in partnership with an award winning Home Improvement Service who are dedicated to making suitable, fit-for-purpose adaptations to customer's homes which helps them to live more independently.
We are currently looking for an Adaptations Technician to join the team within our Worcestershire Home Improvement Agency Service based in Martley. You will carry out a range of installations of items and make necessary adaptations within customer's homes.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced general Handyperson/Multi-skilled Tradesman who is good with people and can be flexible.
This role will involve travelling to various locations within Worcestershire where you will be responsible for carrying out adaptations within the service user's homes. Normal tasks may include but are not limited to:
* Installing various types of grab rails, stair rails and other specialist equipment requiring fixing/installation to walls
* Installing shower seats
* Carrying out a range of minor home repairs
* Installing security products such a key safes
* Building ramps and half steps
* Installing external galvanised handrails
* Minor plumbing works
* Altering and widening internal doorways
* Alterations to kitchen and bathroom cupboards
* Replacing fittings and fixings such as gate latches/locks
What are we looking for?
* Experience of working with customers in their own homes or similar environment.
* Confident in the use of hand and power tools and ability to adapt to different tasks
* Excellent communication skills and empathetic approach with our customers
* Good attention to detail, delivering a high standard of work.
* Ability to work to timed appointments to meet customers needs
* Must be able to work off your own initiative as well as part of a team
* General experience in carpentry or minor adaptation works will be of benefit
* Knowledge of building regulations and safe systems of work
* Full UK driving licence (minimum of 3 years)
What can we offer you?
* Working hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
* Company Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) plus an option to take additional 5 days leave unpaid
* A rewards scheme - 200+ exclusive perks and discounts from leading retailers and leisure outlets
Interested?..... click apply for full job details