Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Salary to £25,000 - 28,000 + benefits
Due to internal promotion, we are currently recruiting for our client who is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their expanding team. They are a successful food business with a range of exciting products.
- Permanent position
- 37.5 hours per week 09.00am to 05.30pm (Monday to Friday)
- Must have experience in a Commercial Business working on the Purchase Ledger
- Resolving matching queries with GRNI
- Very important that they have entered invoices via the Purchase Order and able to reconcile the PO with the stock that's booked in by our operations staff.
- Good mathematical skills and have the ability to work out and understand queries
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and able to multitask.
- Input Suppliers invoices/credit notes on our system via the PO (Multi Currency)
- Able to resolve queries between our Purchase Orders and the Suppliers Invoice
- Paying suppliers invoices via electronic means, such as BACS, CHAPS and International Transfers
- Input and Allocate Payments/Discount on to the Suppliers Account
- Setting up new Suppliers, Credit Check and Validate their VAT number
- Check Suggested Payments List with the Invoices before payment are processed
- Reconcile/File Supplier Statements and request copies of missing Invoices/credit notes and follow up on action points
- Submit Intrastats for EC Purchases to the HMRC monthly
- Update ongoing action log for Discount, Awaiting Credits etc.
- Filing invoices / credit notes in due date and when paid in reference order
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Attend monthly meeting with Financial Controller and Finance Director to review overdue invoices, unapplied payments, debit balances on purchase ledger, outstanding aged GRNI, outstanding actions on Action Log and any other related issues
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A good all-round general education, GCSE's (or equivalent) and A Levels (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics;
- Previous SAP experience an advantage but not essential
- Previous experience in dealing with food retailers is preferred;
- Accountancy experience and qualifications are also advantageous
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/244rd.
Not right for you? We'd still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications to any of our roles will be forwarded to our retained consultants Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.