SoleTrader - Accounts Assistant
Location: On-site at Hemel Hempstead
Industry sector: Footwear retail shops and on-line sales. Turnover in excess of £25M.
Salary range: £22-26K depending on experience plus study support
Hours: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday, Full-time
Benefits: 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays, generous staff discount, opportunity for professional training, pension, on-site parking
About the Role:
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our Finance team of 3. Previous experience isn't essential and this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for their first step into finance.
You will need to have a keen interest in developing a future career in Finance and Accounting, be highly numerate and have strong Excel skills. We work to tight deadlines so the ability to priorities and produce accurate work is a key skill.
For the right candidate we will sponsor and support you through your ACCA qualification.
- Daily input of supplier invoices, matching orders, and goods in notes.
- Payment Reconciliations and setting up payment runs on Sage 200.
- Process credit card transactions, ensuring proper documentation and authorisation policies are adhered to
- Reconcile merchant statements
- Reconcile rent and service charge accounts for shops
- Other ad-hoc duties, as requested by the Group Financial Controller
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Desirable but not essential (full training will be provided):
- AAT qualified or working towards ACCA
- Experience of Sage 200
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance/Accounting)
- Proficient user of MS Excel (vlookup, pivot tables)
- Strong numeracy skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team
Please apply with a CV and cover letter.