Account Manager - Life Sciences (HPLC)
Territory: London M25
Your location: Greater London Area
My client is a Global market leader in the fields of manual & automated liquid handling technology, automated solid phase extraction and HPLC systems.
Despite their size they have successfully retained a family orientated culture and their success is underpinned by their strong focus on customer service, product innovation and employee development!
The Account Manager promotes and sells the full range of company products, including instruments, pipettes, consumables, and services within the assigned territory in order to meet or achieve budgeted sales goals. This individual follows sales best practices to achieve these goals, fostering a healthy, sustainable territory by focusing on customer retention, development & continuing satisfaction. Leverages a multichannel environment to maximize sales using distributor and dealer relationships. Directly impacts company mission to enable verifiable science by helping scientists to select the products they need to work most effectively.
The role of Account Manager:
- Meets or exceeds established targets for sales volume, product mix, and new product and services awareness within in the assigned territory.
- Drives MLH sales (products including pipettes, benchtop equipment, consumables, and services); finds, qualifies, and uses CRM to document complex instrumentation leads
- Travels throughout territory to call on established and prospective customer contacts to create demand for products and services. Activities include product introduction and overviews, conducting demonstrations, technical seminars, troubleshooting, attending local and national tradeshows, and providing the necessary follow-up and development to achieve product and service sales. Organizes travel to provide maximum customer coverage while minimizing travel expenses.
- Follows up and processes sales leads, based on information received from other sales representatives, company trade shows, marketing campaigns, telephone and website inquiries, and other sources.
- Follow sales techniques and best practices throughout sales cycle to achieve goals.
- Submits and maintains accurate monthly forecasts through Opportunity Management within Salesforce.com.
- Maintains and updates territory data for accounts and key personnel within Salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Works with technical service engineers and instrumentation application specialists to promote proactive sales, service, and support approach within the assigned territory.
- Creates quotations and pricing agreements, following pricing guidelines.
- Participates in required and recommended training sessions to attain and maintain an in-depth technical and applications knowledge of the Product Portfolio.
- Collaborates with service and support personnel to provide post sale installation, training, and ongoing service contract support as needed.
- Collaborates with Corporate Accounts team on any Corporate Accounts within territory as needed.
- Trains, motivates, and works cooperatively with distributor and dealer reps when appropriate, leverages relationships to further penetrate key accounts.
- Maintains current knowledge of and provides updates in a timely manner on territory trends and activities, competitive products and pricing, and customer concerns regarding products observed in the field.
- Develops and executes time management and account/territory business plans.
The requirements of the Account Manager:
- You will be selling laboratory consumables, chemicals, and equipment. There is an existing customer base which needs to be built upon and extended so Account Management skills and Business Development skills will be essential to success n this role.
- Visit customers to promote and sell the Life Science Product range
- Provide customers with timely responses and quotations
- Generate leads for key suppliers and provide regular feedback on open opportunities
- Attend joint customer visits with key suppliers
- Attend product training sessions hosted by key suppliers
- This is a field sales role where you will immerse yourself into the world of academia, research, biotech, clinical, pharma or industrial laboratory environments. Having a scientific background would be enormously helpful to ensure you can easily build credibility and trust with your customers.
- You will be supported by a team of product and technical sales specialist, so you will need to be a strong team player who can reach out for help and support within your key accounts. You will need to collaborate and work effectively as a team to ensure you maximise all opportunities that present themselves. Using your colleagues' specialist product and technical skills will allow you to distinguish yourself and your products from the competition.
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 - £45,000
- Performance related bonus £12,000
- Fully Expensed Company Car
- Competitive Holidays & Bank Holidays
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
LangtonHowarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate's name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.