Technical Support Technician
Our client is a market leader in the development and supply of advanced POS Products and industrial weigh labelling equipment into the worlds food processing industries and major retailers. They are a solutions provider to the major retail industry for Point of Sale products.
They have been at the forefront of POS and weigh price labelling technology for many years. Their products are used by many of the world's leading global food processing and distribution companies.
This role will include alongside both the retail & industrial teams to provide first line technical support to both their customers and field engineers.
Reporting into the Service Manager t he Technical Support Technician will perform the major functions listed below.
Ensure receipt and despatch of calls is carried out in the most efficient manner.
- Provide initial assessment of categorisation and prioritisation for all incidents.
- Ensure incidents are assigned and escalated where necessary to the relevant support teams.
- Ensure accurate data collection on the call handling system.
- Resolve software and Hardware calls to customer satisfaction.
- Carry out the activity of monitoring allocated engineers in respect of call, location and status.
- Participate in cross-training and development of team members.
- To maintain the installation diary for an area, ensuring jobs are handled in the most efficient manner with the correctly skilled and equipped engineer being allocated as appropriate.
- Ensure that all work carried out by engineers is logged onto the 'Call Handling' system and closed accurately after completion of work.
- To confidently handle any customer or engineer issues or questions, ensuring that Service Desk Manager is fully aware of any issues that may escalate.
- Ensure all administration requirements of the service desk are carried out to company processes and standards.
- Being the technical liaison between administration, the customer and scheduling to ensure that the customer receives expected product & service within agreed timescales.
- Assist with remote support of Software for both customer and engineer.
- Working with the wider team on the implementation of internal software; liaising externally and internally to ensure the project is on track against agreed timescales.
- Take responsibility for the product repair area. Ascertaining the status of returned products and providing a solution in line with business specifications. i.e. replace parts & test.
- Provide first line technical support for both retail, Industrial customers and field service engineers.
- Good product knowledge base of both the company's software & hardware (training provided).
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Helpdesk Service Team.
9. Provide support for all staff in keeping with the businesses values, policies and procedures
1. Work closely with Service team to ensure knowledge base is shared and that they can lead installations and aftercare moving forward.
2. Provide a quality service for the customer which will include building good relationships, delivering training and first-class aftercare.
3. Good understanding of Windows OS
4. Be able to perform software updates and backups on equipment
5. Remotely access equipment to check configuration and setup
6. Understanding of mechanical assemblies
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Experience within a 1 st line support customer service environment.
- A proven track record of liaising with field-based staff members and co-ordinating resources.
- Demonstrable administrative and customer service experience.
- Good geographical knowledge of the cities, towns and counties across the UK.
- Excellent customer service focus, attitude and skills.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of working to an ITIL framework or similar process.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work productively in a pressurised environment.
- Have some experience with both software & hardware products...... click apply for full job details