Purpose of the role:
To deliver strategic leadership to the routes managed stations teams and Train Operating Companies colleagues, in understanding passenger needs to transform passenger experience across the regional managed stations. To lead and direct the execution of opportunities to enhance revenue from the regional stations commercial portfolio and invest proportionally into the service improvement strategy, securing the successful long-term future of the managed stations by understanding predicted growth, changing demands of passengers and directing plans to accommodate this.
- Lead and direct the development a transformational approach to driving passenger satisfaction within the regional managed stations, aligned to the vision and values of the Client and in conjunction with the Train Operating Companies (TOCs).
- Lead and direct the management of safety across the regional managed stations and be accountable for the maintenance of security standards with the appropriate levels of resource. Drive innovative ways to make safety personal and manage adherence to industry and company compliance requirements.
- Accountable for the managed stations within the budget defined by the Qualifying Expenditure (QX) process. Identify and execute efficiency opportunities for the Client and the TOCs and review existing QX process providing guidance to review this for future control periods.
- Leading passenger growth analysis and passenger behavioural trends in order for station and route master plans to accommodate these trends.
- Accountable for the development of a joint TOC and Client station scorecard that drives all elements of performance within
- Accountable for the in-depth analysis of all passenger insights from the Client and TOCs to inform effective investment and customer experience improvement returns.
- Leading on the development of contingency plans to accommodate all major blockade works and large events planned or unplanned to protect passenger service. Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders for a maintained and aligned approach.
- Drive commercial revenue at each of the routes managed stations. In conjunction with the Property function, develop new opportunities for retail and media income and invest proportionally the revenue into the service improvement strategy.
- Develop collaborative relationships and strategic plans with retailers, the local business community, local authority and other station stakeholders with the aim to deliver excellent customer service. Maintain the stakeholder map to identify the right level of interaction with these stakeholders.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. Institute of Railway Operators)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Proven record of directing transformational change in previous roles
- Successful significant experience of leading operational teams in a complex, dynamic environment
- Successful significant stakeholder management experience
- Proven track record of effective customer relationship management
- Significant successful experience in operational management in a Safety Critical Industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, possessing the ability to interact and maintain credibility with people at all levels across the business and industry stakeholders
- Candidates from an Airport / Aviation background will definitely be of interest